I’m a big a fan of sauteed vegetables but on this particular day I was in the mood for some meat. I had the smoked sausage in my freezer and I thought it would make a good combination. This meal is quick and easy and is perfect for a hot summer day in an NYC apartment where you don’t want to do a lot of cooking.
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 Brussels sprout- cut in half
- 5 Red potatoes – Diced
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- 1 Orange bell pepper
- 1 tbs Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Carrots
- Hillshire Farms Turkey Smoked Sausage, sliced. You can add as much sausage as you like depending on your preferences or diet.
- Heat saucepan on medium flame
- Add the two tablespoons of Olive Oil to heated saucepan
- Add diced potatoes and saute for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir Frequently so the potatoes don’t stick to the pan. The potatoes require the most cooking so they are added first and left in the longest
- After the potatoes are cooked, add the sausage and cook for a few minutes until the sausage is cooked. The sausage is pre-cooked so it doesn’t need a lot of cooking time.
- Add rest of the vegetables,oregano, salt and pepper and continue stirring
- Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes. The potatoes shouldn’t stick to the pot at this point because the brussel sprouts produce water.
- Serves 4 to 5